Still here? We've moved to a NEW Blog --> TwoferMom.com!

Twin Mom Blog
I've got a new home and would LOVE to invite you to join me there. Come to TwoferMom.com and see what good things I have in store for you!

Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas came a little early

The girls and I stopped in at our local library the other day finally return their stack of books (I stopped counting the days overdue at 5...). It turned out to be one of the book sale days when they sell used/donated books for mere pennies (well with inflation and all it's mere quarters, but still).

I look in my wallet...hmm, only $7.00 in there.
ONLY $7.00? I'll just have to make do.

As they picked through the children's books, I browsed the paperbacks and found a number of books I had been wanting to read and buying them means I won't have to worry about returning them.

The girls also found 2 mini classics, Heidi and Black Beauty that I have never actually read! So I'm excited that we will have to read together.

Our Loot

The grand total came to $8.50. I dug around in my purse, found and extra $.50 and the nice library lady let me walk. I promised her I'd slip a dollar into the little box they keep by the "for sale" shelf. Plus, I always donate the books back to the library so they can sell them again. On top of that, I'm sure my overdue fines will more than cover that dollar :).

I love the library. It's cheap. It's warm in winter, cool in summer. It's bright and inviting. It has wi-fi. And, actually, a great place to people watch.

Now if it only had a Starbucks....

Janine


0 comments: