Still here? We've moved to a NEW Blog --> TwoferMom.com!

Twin Mom Blog
I've got a new home and would LOVE to invite you to join me there. Come to TwoferMom.com and see what good things I have in store for you!

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Flashback - babies come from Florida


Sure, even as 5-year olds the Twofer give me enough content for this blog. But there were a few really great things that happened before I started blogging and I reserve the right to post these flashbacks whenever I feel like it.

And today I'll take you back to August 1, 2007.

This is taken from an email I sent my close friends...before I knew I could embarrass my children publicly through blogging:

"OK, so this is just about the funniest conversation I've had with El and I just had to sit down and write it out before I forget about it.

Both girls are always asking where they were when mommy and daddy were little. And my response is always that they were little eggs in my tummy.
This morning I told El that she has little eggs in her tummy that can become a baby when she gets older...much older.

Em came downstairs.
L: "Hey Em, we have eggs in our tummy!"
M: "WHAT?"
L: "We have eggs in our tummy that will turn into babies!"
M: "WHAT???"
ME: "And only girls have the eggs, not boys, so boys can't have babies."

M walks away satisfied.

L: "But Mommy, where did we come out of your body at the hospital?"
ME (ignoring the 'body' part of the question): "Yes, you came out of me at the hospital. I pushed you out."
L: "But WHERE from your BODY did we come out?"

She couldn't be any more direct and I think very hard before answering...take a deep breath and,
"Out of my Private Area."

L with a HUGE smile on her face: "Out of your wee wee?? That's silly! You're joking!"
ME laughing: "No I'm not. Babies grow in the tummy but come out down there. Where else would they come from?"

L: "Florida"


Who knew! By the way-we have never taken them to Florida. And now, I'm sorta afraid to go.
Happy memories,
Janine

7 comments:

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

I'm still laughing about this. It's so funny!

PMKU said...

How precious! Kids are so funny.

Julie Roads said...

That is soooo funny! We've been very honest with our kids about our body parts and what they do - and so far it's made them simply non-plussed, giggly or freaked out - they just love their bodies!!!

Unknown said...

I just came across your blog and I had to leave a note that that is a hilarious story! My girls are only 2 and I'm not sure how I'm going to react to those questions!

Anonymous said...

Ah, the Disney Magic, creating kids and the young-at-heart in mysterious ways...

Anne said...

Out of the mouths of babes! Love it!

Marlene McGarrity said...

Hilarious!

OMG she is inquisitive! She must keep you laughing. Thanks for sharing such a funny story.