Thanks everyone for entering! Debbie N. has won the Milkshake prize pack.
Enjoy the music Debbie!
For parents like me who dislike most kids music, there are a few bands that have pulled me, along with my twins, into their fold.
For this post I'm going to focus exclusively on Milkshake for several reasons:
- They are a 'local' band based in Baltimore (but travel so check their tour dates) and they passed the "dance test"
- They 'get' the power of mom blogs and are generous enough to provide a most excellent Prize Package.
- Vocalist Lisa Mathews has tapped into my inner ballerina with her fabulous selection of tutus. I heart tutus.
So let's begin with the dance test.
If the Twofer are not dancing within the first 3 minutes of hearing a new CD or DVD, the music has not passed the test.
With the Milkshake Screen Play
DVD the girls were up and dancing (curse me for not having the Flip video going at the time) in 1 minute, 43 seconds. They immediately recognized the songs from years of listening to Sirius Kids radio, and were mesmerized by the video of the band. I take for granted that I grew up watching music videos on MTV and well, where have all the videos gone?
Click Here to listen to Milkshake songs and give your kid their own "dance test".
Moving on to the GIVEAWAY:
Milkshake is so hip, so cool, and so supportive that they have given bloggers like me a chance to reward our wonderful readers. Here's the Prize Package:
- 1 copy of the CD "Play!" that has tracks made famous by ToddWorld and DiscoveryKids
- 1 copy of the new DVD "SCREEN PLAY!" that has all kids of music videos, clips of the band backstage, and lots of really fun music
- 1 copy of the Milkshake comic book (which I've discovered is a great way to encourage reading!)
Leave a comment with your favorite Milkshake song/video OR tell me who you will be giving this fabulous prize pack to, should you win.
- Follow this blog (in right column just under Kajeet button click follow then leave me note in comment)
- Blog about this contest and link back to this post (leave link in a separate comment)
- Tweet about this contest (leave link to tweet in a separate comment)
- Email your friends and cc me: scarytwins [at] yahoo [dot] com (great for all my non-blogging friends to get an extra entry)
Winner will be chosen by Random.org and announced Tuesday before I go to the fake ABBA concert (more on that later).
Good luck! And Thanks Milkshake!