Still here? We've moved to a NEW Blog --> TwoferMom.com!

Twin Mom Blog
I've got a new home and would LOVE to invite you to join me there. Come to TwoferMom.com and see what good things I have in store for you!

Friday, May 2, 2008

About Me

Contact: scarytwins [at] yahoo [dot] com

How I got here:

In 2007 I came across one of my greatest works...my college application essay. In it I wrote about the very first time I shaved my legs. I didn't hold back. I took a risk and I guess Syracuse University had sense enough not to hold it against me.

This little work of genius inspired me to start writing again. And as I picked up the box of memorabilia, my twins came barreling down the steps yelling about something or other. I looked at them and decided I had enough material to start a blog.

Where I came from:
I grew up in a small, Connecticut town about an hour north of New York City. I claim full rights as a New Yorker and often need to visit to get my fix. No matter where I live "the City" for me is, and always will be New York. DC is DC. Chicago is Chicago. LA is just strange.

Where I've been along the way:
I have traveled around the world and settled in the suburbs.

I have experienced the profound loss of my father just weeks after celebrating the birth of my twins.

I have learned that while I am responsible for my children, the only person I am really in control of is me.

Where I'm going:
My goal for this blog is to record my life, entertain those reading it, and when applicable, inform.

6 comments:

new york minute girl said...

Following you on Twitter from the UWS of NYC where I feel so connected. center of my universe...

Raised 3 kids and still don't know if I am the control over myself!

Mariana said...

So glad to get to know you a little better! I also love NYC, but am originally from Texas.

Unknown said...

Hi. Found you over on Twitter. Your twins and mine (I have 5 yo identical boys) are about the same age. Raising twins is an adventure isn't it? My husband refers to it as "herding cats".

Anonymous said...

Which suburbs? (There's a reason I ask!) E-me jamie@travelsavvymom.com.

Donna B said...

Just thought I'd pop in and say looking forward to following you,I've got 2 sets of twins,and life is simply twintastic here! We seem similar from your bio snipit!I like snarky!! Good for you!

Barbara Schantz said...

What a fun blog you seem to have! I have 2 sets of twins, so I completely understand the insanity of life with twins!