Still here? We've moved to a NEW Blog --> TwoferMom.com!

Twin Mom Blog
I've got a new home and would LOVE to invite you to join me there. Come to TwoferMom.com and see what good things I have in store for you!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Goodbye Rainbow Diamond, Hello Marie?

It is with great sadness we say goodbye to old friends who have carried us through 2 years of dress-up, dollhouse, librarian, teacher, and a host of other imaginary games. I am, of course, referring to the familiar names L & M used for any number of characters that were involved in these games.

I could always play along knowing one of the characters would be named Rainbow Diamond, Alina, Belle, Princess or Trasha (that last one was always a mystery for me).

But now on the eve of their 5th birthday, the girls have received their very first Webkinz and chosen the names Azora, Lina, Angela and Marie. OK, so 2 of the 4 remind me of the old days but the thing is, they are BRAND NEW names. Where’s Rainbow Diamond?
Apparently, we have outgrown her and the others. We’ve been introduced to newer, cooler sounding names, and a new, virtual world in which to play with them (but only for 15 minutes each after we’ve emptied the dishwasher).

Funny, it’s like the feeling I had when they were a year old. I just couldn’t picture life without a single Fisher Price toy. And yet, they have all seemed to disappear. Who knew there would one day be a world without Trasha or Rainbow Diamond?

Hmmm, Trasha – maybe growing up isn't so bad.

SM

0 comments: