Still here? We've moved to a NEW Blog --> TwoferMom.com!

Twin Mom Blog
I've got a new home and would LOVE to invite you to join me there. Come to TwoferMom.com and see what good things I have in store for you!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I have been neglectful...

...of this blog, that is. Lots has happened and I will briefly recap:

1) Birthday Party Unwrap: "We" wrote 40 thank you notes in 3 days! Here's how "we" did it:
"You can open up more gifts after you write 10 more thank yous".
Worked like a charm.

M & L are officially 5!

2) Official 5-year Birthday: Celebrated at Fuddruckers! Games, chocolate shake, and my favorite sliders (mini burgers). Plus, my dollar store gifts (butterfly net and bug "house" were a huge hit). Soon I'll reflect more on what it means to me to have 2 five-year olds....but right now there's just too much to do!

3) Spirit week at school: L & M refused to participate in Miss-Match day. I called them names like "boring" and said "learn to laugh at yourselves" and they called me "mean".

However, Crazy Hair day was a big hit!
Can you tell who's who from the back?


I spent the morning straightening L's hair and curling M's. VERY strange to see them that way. They both looked older and it was a little Jon-Benet creepy. Surprise!
M (normally straight hair with curls) and L (normally curly now straight)

Pajama day caused a few arguments, as expected. No, the silky, spaghetti strap nightie (while really very cute) is NOT appropriate to wear to school...EVER.


4) Last Day of Preschool: I could feel myself on the verge of getting sentimental thinking about a new chapter in their lives, and saying goodbye to teachers and friends whom they most likely will never see again. But there's something about the start of summer, and the $20k we'll be saving next year (yea for public school!) that kept the tears at bay :).

0 comments: