Still here? We've moved to a NEW Blog --> TwoferMom.com!

Twin Mom Blog
I've got a new home and would LOVE to invite you to join me there. Come to TwoferMom.com and see what good things I have in store for you!

Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Secret to a Happy Mother's Day

Here it is. Listen up. Take notes if you wish.
The secret to a happy Mother's Day is.....

alone time

Forget the spa, the fancy brunch, the jewelry, the poems, whatever else advertisers try to sell. It's all about the peace and quiet.

Just one day of NO....
arguing
negotiating
refereeing
answering questions
giving directions
lecturing
reminding
and
scolding

Throw in no cooking and cleaning and I'm truly queen for a day!

So here's how my day went.
I woke up around 8:30 am (record setting) and drank coffee, read the paper, ate breakfast and played online until...1:30 pm!!!! I'm still in my PJs as I write this :).

DH would also like me to detail breakfast so he can get the credit he's due:
fried eggs w/ham & cheese on english muffin
turkey bacon
fresh fruit salad consisting of strawberries, blueberries, bananas and apples
homemade hash brown potatoes with onion
DEEEElish!

But reality kicked in for lunch and to break up a few arguments. Even now L and M are upstairs destroying my closet and I just don't want to ruin the day by dealing with it.
So, today I'm not so scary. But I know tomorrow will be back to normal!
SM


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Itzen Docta Lukenkoff....