Still here? We've moved to a NEW Blog --> TwoferMom.com!

Twin Mom Blog
I've got a new home and would LOVE to invite you to join me there. Come to TwoferMom.com and see what good things I have in store for you!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Yanni brings back the romance

Do you need inspiration as we get closer to Valentine's Day? Would it help to hear something that brings you back to when you first started dating? Something that is both romantic, and upbeat?


As a member of the One2One Network I was given the chance to preview the new Yanni Voices CD and DVD. I have found the music inspiring as I write, and as I reflect on where my husband and I have come in our 10 years of marriage.

Yanni Voices took 2 years to complete in collaboration with producer Ric Wake (who did J. Lo's "Waiting for Tonight"), and for the first time ever, Yanni re-interprets his compositions and introduces vocalists Nathan Pacheco, Chloe, Ender Thomas and Leslie Mills.

I thought back on the first few Valentine's Days we spent together as a couple. One year I planned an elaborate "treasure hunt" which took my husband to various stores where each shop keeper had a clue to the next destination...the last of which took him to Victoria's Secret and then to a hotel room where I was waiting.

I'm looking forward to the video and watching the PBS Special to see these amazing vocalists at work and what it takes behind-the-scenes. Check HERE to find the dates for your local PBS station.

And who knows? Now that I'm loving Yanni, I just might find my way to the Yanni Voices: Live in Concert tour as a special date night. Right now we don't have the time (or a babysitter) for another treasure hunt, but we do still like spending time together, and romance is not a forgotten word.

What was your best Valentine's gift to someone?

Janine