Still here? We've moved to a NEW Blog --> TwoferMom.com!

Twin Mom Blog
I've got a new home and would LOVE to invite you to join me there. Come to TwoferMom.com and see what good things I have in store for you!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Subway and NIH say WE CAN! Prevent Childhood Obesity (Part 1)

This is the first post in a series that will highlight the WE CAN program. _____________________________________________________

Last week I was invited to attend a very special PEP Rally where kids learned they need to "Play more, Eat right, and Push away the screen
" if they want to maintain a healthy weight.

To get the kids excited, renowned athletes Laila Ali and Olympic soccer player Tab Ramos teamed up with Jared Fogle (who has a blog) for a pep talk and to show the kids fun ways to get off the couch and keep moving.

This is all part of a partnership between Subway® and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to promote the WE CAN! Education Program that will bring families and communities together to fight childhood obesity.

I had the pleasure of interviewing Laila and Jared (Tab got away but I'll get him next time).







Coming up next...
More on WE CAN and what you can do to get your community involved!
Then more from Jared and how he likes blogging!

Janine

4 comments:

Sandra Foyt said...

Great program! My Girl Scout troop is working on the Couch Potato Interest Project which has similar healthy living goals. I'll be sure to point them in this direction.

debbienew said...

okay, the jared interview, very funny...and is it just me, or does he look skinnier on tv than on you tube?

Mike said...

Very useful information here.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com

Twitter: AboutParenting

Anonymous said...

Loved. It! Haha, it was great to see Jared! My kids love him!