Still here? We've moved to a NEW Blog --> TwoferMom.com!

Twin Mom Blog
I've got a new home and would LOVE to invite you to join me there. Come to TwoferMom.com and see what good things I have in store for you!

Saturday, July 19, 2008

My Side of the Backpack Debate

I just spent $130 on backpacks for school.

Let that sink in for a minute.

$130....backpacks.....5-year olds

Of course when you break it down it's really $60 for the backpack plus tax and shipping but we twofer moms always get slammed having to double it.

Here's my rat
ionale (which my neurotic self only reached after weeks of reading, talking, and thinking about the pros and cons of different backpacks)
1. My kids are "walkers" and will be trudging up and down hill about 4 blocks (8 round-trip) for the next 6
years so I'm set on wheeled packs.

2. This will save MY back when they complain their packs are too heavy to carry.

3. The $20 wheeled packs at Target were missing "little" things... like some way to tie up the straps so that they aren't dragging in the mud when you are wheeling it.

4. I'd proba
bly have to replace the cheaper versions sooner so I might as well bite the bullet now.

And now, presenting the newest members of the family...
The ClassMateTM Wheel Pack from Lands End



0 comments: