Still here? We've moved to a NEW Blog --> TwoferMom.com!

Twin Mom Blog
I've got a new home and would LOVE to invite you to join me there. Come to TwoferMom.com and see what good things I have in store for you!

Monday, July 28, 2008

Let's Cut to the Crust, Shall We?


Today I have broken my own rule. Today I have set aside my own beliefs to satisfy the beliefs of others. Today I have lost the battle with the crust.

I cut the crust.
I cut the crust off the grilled cheese.
And now there is no going back.

Long ago I decided to give L & M whatever we ate and since they were 1 they've eaten all kinds of foods most kids wont...wheat bread, tofu, chicken parm, grilled octopus (I kid you not!), AND....bread crust on sandwiches.

Until today.
I gave in. They are getting pickier these days - is that a 5 year old thing? And I'm tired of reminding them, "Yes you do so like peanut butter! Yes you eat the crust, you've eaten it for the last 4 years!"

Today I gave in because I'm tired of the fight, and I'm tired of food going to waste, and I'm tired of eating the leftover food so that it doesn't go to waste!

What's next...white bread???
Scary thought.

ScaryMom

0 comments: