Still here? We've moved to a NEW Blog --> TwoferMom.com!

Twin Mom Blog
I've got a new home and would LOVE to invite you to join me there. Come to TwoferMom.com and see what good things I have in store for you!

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Buy Gas Now, Save Later?

So I came across this site MyGallons.com and I'm thinking, "Am I too late?" I wish I had come across this when gas was only $3.27 a gallon. You know, waaaaay back in....April.


Basically you buy a membership fee now ($40 annually) and you buy a prepaid card with gallons at today's prices in your local area. So I can't get New Jersey prices if I live in Maryland. Then you use that card to fill up and they deduct from the gallons you've purchased. It's supposed to compensate if you end up at a station that charges less than your locked in rate, and also if you travel to a different area.

I've been collecting my receipts when I fill up. Initially it was to track where the 'cheap' gas was. Now it's like this sad history of the price of gas rising over $1 a gallon in less than 3 months. You know, something to share with the kids when everything runs on solar energy.

I got so panicky that now, even at over $4 a gallon, I've bought into the idea that if I spend that money now, it will save later because the price of gas will only go up.

Now if I could just get that Prius...
SM

0 comments: