Still here? We've moved to a NEW Blog --> TwoferMom.com!

Twin Mom Blog
I've got a new home and would LOVE to invite you to join me there. Come to TwoferMom.com and see what good things I have in store for you!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Family Fun at an NFL Game


Is it appropriate to take kids to an NFL game?


This, dear friends, is what I've been asking myself since last weekend.



The testosterone-heavy crowds didn't bother me.
The sketchy parking lot w
ith broken glass everywhere, and the greasy street sausage didn't make me hesitate either.
Nor did the beer and cuss words...of which there were LOTS.

As season ticket holders, I knew what to expect. But I haven't been to a game since the twofer was born.

However... the minimally-dressed ladies promoting a questionable club, and lining the street corner is what made me question my judgment.

I'm wondering...
were the ladies there 5 years ago? Or do I just look at things differently now?

Protection
We took precautions to increase the fun factor and reduce the "eeew" factor. We chose a pre-season game, got seats much closer to the field than we usually have, purchased 2 mini jerseys and said a little prayer that the crowd around us would keep the belligerence to a minimum. It paid off!

L & M loved the whole experience.

M, L & Mr. looking a the big TV screen

They loved, in this order:
1. the junk food
2. the cheerleaders
3. spying on people with the binoculars


The Mister loved sharing the experience with his little Ravens fans and discussing which players have "the power".



And I loved returning to the parking lot to find the car still in one piece, with all 4 tires inflated, and her beloved Sirius radio still on the dash.



All in all - a great night. Would I do it again? Maybe. I've done scarier things twice.

Janine




0 comments: