Still here? We've moved to a NEW Blog --> TwoferMom.com!

Twin Mom Blog
I've got a new home and would LOVE to invite you to join me there. Come to TwoferMom.com and see what good things I have in store for you!

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Glue Sticks and Crayons and Jeans, oh my!



We had our FIRST real back-to-school shopping trip ever.

When L & M were 2 and starting preschool we went and got them backpacks and lunch boxes, and maybe a few clothes. But they didn't really get it. Plus, we've they have been happy to wear the cute, trendy hand-me-downs we get from my niece (shout out to you Jules!)


These days, it's a whole new game.

Grammy L (who is our primo, number one shopping partner) is visiting and offered to "treat" L & M to some shopping at Target. We got everything on the kindergarten shopping list, and then some.

When we moved into the clothing department all hell broke loose.

L is running around wanting to play in the clothing racks.

M is in ecstasy, drooling at the mouth as she picks out all kinds of tops, pants, skirts, a pink football jersey thing (WTF?) and just about anything that might show up in the next High School Musical movie.


As I casually steer her back to more age-appropriate items I realize the girl has a sense of style like nothing I've seen before. And, dare I say, I'm impressed! And definitely scared. She'll be the girl who can spot a pair of Prada shoes or a Marc Jacobs bag 100 yards away.


L, on the other hand, is tired of standing, and wants to just sit on the bench in the dressing room. Thank goodness she has a twin to do all the choosing! Of course we no longer do matching, but they still like the similar-but-different look sometimes (same shirt, different color).

When we got home M starts showing daddy the new clothes and shoes.
L grabs her new HSM notebook and write this (with some spelling help from me), "I wish I had a pony that can talk."


SIGH

And so as we continue to celebrate their differences, a big thank you to Grammy L for the $235 "treat". Could we possibly be done with back-to-school shopping?

ScaryMom

0 comments: