Still here? We've moved to a NEW Blog --> TwoferMom.com!

Twin Mom Blog
I've got a new home and would LOVE to invite you to join me there. Come to TwoferMom.com and see what good things I have in store for you!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Third week of school, first phone call from the school nurse.


It is the reason I keep my cell phone with me at all times: work, running errands, at yoga (silenced of course), on a walk, even at home!

Only once did I get the call when the Twofer was in preschool. M had an earache and by the time I got to the school (30 min. post phone call) she was in agony and completely melting down in her teacher's lap.

Today I got that call. Just after yoga while I was in the grocery store and had luckily turned the ringer back on.

M somehow hit her head on the monkey bars (Aren't those the things you hang down from? How exactly would you hit your head ON them?)

So yes, she's fine and still in school. Part of me felt like a cool mom in the grocery line, taking a call from the school nurse, and brushing it off like an old pro.

The other part of me had a very strong urge to visit the school and see how big the bump was and do that eye test to make sure she doesn't have a concussion....you see how easily the neurotic in me creeps up?

Update: When I picked up the Twofer from school I got 2 completely different versions of what happened.
And so it goes...
SM

0 comments: