Still here? We've moved to a NEW Blog --> TwoferMom.com!

Twin Mom Blog
I've got a new home and would LOVE to invite you to join me there. Come to TwoferMom.com and see what good things I have in store for you!

Monday, September 22, 2008

The Wonderful World of Woogi

Imagine, if you will, a place online where where kids are encouraged to do good deeds and where their efforts pay off in the real world...what? Yes: play online, do good deeds, get rewarded in real life.

That place is Woogi World.

Woogi World gets a big Twofer Thumbs Up from me for these reasons:

It is a world where kids learn about internet safety as well as how to find a balance between time spent on the computer, with time spent doing other important things.

Kids are rewarded when they watch videos that discuss real world values.

Rewards for community service happen in real life with letters of recognition from state governors and senators (this is a first I believe).

There is the opportunity to start learning financial responsibility without risking real money. (This excites me because I'm tired of watching them blow what little they have on stupid plastic stuff that breaks and makes a mess within hours!)

Plus, it's fun! The Twofer loved picking out their personal Woogi World character and checking out their Wigwam, then exploring the neighborhood and playing games too. Next we learned that we cannot afford to adopt a pet and that motivated them to get going on earning (and saving) some Watts (Woogi money).

I disabled the chat feature until they get a better feel for the site. I'm not opposed to it because it's set up to be ultra safe. I just don't want them distracted from learning how to be an active participant in the Woogi World community. (See, times like these and I start to think I'm not so Scary).

The best part? Most of this is FREE with the basic membership. Just go to Woogi World, sign up for the free basic membership, and start playing!

Meet us at the Shark game!
ScaryMom (L and M too)

Special thanks to Mom Central for another really cool opportunity!





0 comments: