Still here? We've moved to a NEW Blog --> TwoferMom.com!

Twin Mom Blog
I've got a new home and would LOVE to invite you to join me there. Come to TwoferMom.com and see what good things I have in store for you!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Twincident #144...they try to burn the house down

Full disclosure:
1) I have not really kept track of every Twincident. I started this blog way too late in their lives and I had to start somewhere. (I like the number 4 and I know there have been more than 100 over the past 5 years and so I'm starting here with #144. Some day I'll count back to 1 and list all the other twincidents.)

2) In case you haven't noticed, I can be a little dramatic...they weren't actually trying to burn the house down. But that doesn't mean they couldn't have done it!

It all started with 2 brand new matching Penguin Webkinz, given to them by a friend of mine (who is also very understanding and will not at all mind finding out about her gift by reading it in this blog).

The Twofer wanted to warm up one of their chilly little friends and decided the top of the light in their room would be just great! So there Fluffy sat...for what I can only guess is at least 2 hours. When they remembered he was on there and pulled him off, a little patch of fur stuck to the bulb and Fluffy felt like a loaf a bread just out of the oven!
Fluffy and the lightbulb

Thankfully Fluffy wasn't left long enough to ignite, and after a real ScaryMom moment in which my voice shrilled high enough to attract the neighborhood dogs, we all learned a lesson. I will remember to do a quick walk-through the house before leaving for the day to turn all lights off. And the Twofer will not experiment with anything they even think might be hot, or electrical.

This Twincident is dedicated to GrandpaScary who is also our Guardian Angel and has saved the Twofer and our family from certain disaster over the years. It is also dedicated to Great-GrandmaScary who insisted I learn how to sew and thus is responsible for Fluffy's repair job that I will perform later in the week.

Peace,
SM

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well Fluffy is now warm...so that is at least something right? LOL Glad it was noticed in time.

Janine said...

Thanks D! Yes, nice and warm, but a blanket would've worked just fine :)