Still here? We've moved to a NEW Blog --> TwoferMom.com!

Twin Mom Blog
I've got a new home and would LOVE to invite you to join me there. Come to TwoferMom.com and see what good things I have in store for you!

Sunday, November 23, 2008

A booster seat's best friend

Since we already know how neurotic I am, it's no surprise that I spent months researching booster seats and finally found one with latch, AND a 5 point harness that works for kids up to 65 lbs. Of course, this is no $20 booster seat, plus I had to buy two of them. But at the time it was the safest option I could find for those 6 hour drives to Grandma's house.

We do, however, have the cheaper, lighter boosters in Mr.'s car for quick trips around town and for carpools.

Which is why after watching the first 10 seconds of this short video, I was sold. (Watch the video here: www.seatsnug.com)

Thanks to Mom Central I was given the opportunity to test the SeatSnug child stability device and discovered that this nifty device can secure those less expensive booster seats for half the cost of the boosters in my car!

SeatSnug gets that annoying slack out of the belt, and prevents the booster seat from bouncing around, rocking, and tipping as can happen even during normal driving conditions. Those that live in and around DC can vouch there is no "normal" because people are always late, weaving in and out of traffic, and slamming on breaks (not yours truly, of course).

Installation:
It just took me less than 10 minutes (in the freezing cold so my fingers were a little slow) to install. I realized the "off" switch makes the tongue and strap slide easily and then the "on" is what locks it in place.
The BEST part? When Mom Central told SeatSnug I had twins, they sent me a second one right away! Not that's a company that CARES.

Here is my own home video of the SeatSnug in action!


So thanks again Mom Central and SeatSnug for keeping the Twofer safe & snug, and me a little less neurotic.

Janine

1 comments:

Robyn Wright of Robyn's Online World said...

Totally agree! I have one that folks can win also - entry ends tomorrow night 11/24 though. http://robynsonlineworld.blogspot.com/2008/11/seatsnug-review-giveaway.html