Still here? We've moved to a NEW Blog --> TwoferMom.com!

Twin Mom Blog
I've got a new home and would LOVE to invite you to join me there. Come to TwoferMom.com and see what good things I have in store for you!

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pull, tug, suck, don't breathe....

That's how you get into your wedding dress after 10 years of marriage and twins.

I did it, I loved it, I took pictures of it, I wore it trick-or-treating...


....WHHHHEEEWWWW! And now I can breathe again.

I'm thinking I should make this an annual thing. You know, motivate me to hit the gym more often. Or starve myself every year before the big holiday season hits.

M told me, "Oh Mommy, you look pretti
er than me!" (is that her vanity or her humbleness speaking?)

L wanted to hold my flowers and kept petting my stomach where the dress was a bit, um, snug. I think she just liked the fabric - course it could be she thought I was hiding something under there.

My husband, bless his heart, refused to video tape it just in case it didn't fit. At first he suffered the wrath because in my language that means he thinks I'm now fat. But then I realized it was just a Cover Your A$$ move on his part. Well when I got it on and came out of the bathroom he had googly eyes for me and said (unsolicited) I looked beautiful!

Then I made him wear a Frankenstein mask for the pictures.




Loving the moment,
ScaryMom

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you really did look great...way to go...did you ruin your dress or can you still save it with the fantasy idea that one of your girls will wear it for their wedding?

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Wow! I'm impressed! I'm afraid to think what would happen if I tried to put on my old wedding dress. I'm sure it would be pretty depressing.

I bet it was kind of wild getting married on Halloween! And now it's impossible to forget your anniversary. :-)

J. Flo said...

skinny bitch

Suanne said...

Funny how 'skinny' and 'bitch' have become lovers over the years. Is one a bitch because she's skinny? Or skinny because she's a bitch? Hmmm....

(Being 5'8" and 125 pounds I can indulge in this kind of philosophizing)

Anonymous said...

I think all three of you ladies look lovely (and Frankenstein looked um... interesting). You should feel extremely proud that you are able to fit into your wedding dress. My wedding figure is a distant memory :(.

Lorie said...

You look great! And what a fun idea. But there is no way I could get into my Wedding Dress after 10 years. N-O W-A-Y!

Debbie said...

Wow. I am impressed. After 22 years of marriage, one set of twins, and two singletons, you couldn't pay me to try that thing on!